HOC 33P Cruiser: International Launch and Premiere
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:24 PM
When the new model, the HOC 33P Cruiser will be presented at the Cannes Yachting Festival, 12th - 17th September, it will be a display of how innovative, digital solutions can be combined with intelligent design and craftsmanship.
The Swedish startup, HOC Yachts is as much a technology company as a boat producer. When the new model, the HOC 33P Cruiser will be presented at the Cannes Yachting Festival - September 12th to 17th - it will be a display of how intelligent, digital solutions can be combined with innovative design and craftsmanship. “Thanks to a number of innovations, our customers will be able to experience boating in an uncomplicated and user-friendly way with a great increase in the onboard comfort” says CEO, Vilhelm Djurberg
The HOC 33P Cruiser is the second model from the Swedish boat startup. Designed in cooperation with Ekman Blomquist Yacht Design and HOC Yachts in Stockholm; and built at their shipyard in Visby, on the Swedish island of Gotland.
- We are a Swedish company with a view on the global market. Most components are designed and developed in Sweden by suppliers that we know well, and have developed long working relationships with, says CEO and co-founder Vilhelm Djurberg, who has a long history in the marine industry.
The philosophy is to simplify boating by including the use of digital solutions that are easy for anyone to use. The feeling of security and control is important.
- It should be just as easy to drive the boat as it is to drive a car. Thus, we make it possible for more people to get out on the water and enjoy boating and the accompanying lifestyle, said Vilhelm Djurberg.
Positioned directly in front of the driver is a 29” wide-screen that makes navigation simple and straightforward. The programs and the software are continuously updated in the same way as a smartphone. All the boat's functions including position, fuel, battery, temperature, lighting and security camera can also be controlled via smartwatch or mobile device. This delivered by Yacht Defined AB.
Another Swedish innovation that has been implemented in the design is the Petestep patented hull technology. Instead of displacing water to the sides, the Petestep deflectors convert the energy of the "spray" to increase lift and propulsion, which results in a smoother and quieter ride with a lower fuel consumption.
- We notice that environmental awareness is increasing among the boating community. More and more people are demanding alternative and more sustainable solutions to minimise boating’s impact on the marine environment, says Vilhelm Djurberg.
The HOC 33P Cruiser will be on display at the Cannes Yachting Festival, from September 12th at 09:00 in the Vieux Port Cannes
HOC 33P Cruiser Length
- 10.21 m Width
- 3.10 m Depth
- 0.55 m Weight
- 3850 kg Number of passengers
- 12 Engine
- Volvo Penta D6-400 hp Top speed
- 40+ knots Fuel consumption
- 39 l / h (at 29 knots)
Price: starts at € 325,000