Ice Yachts by CCNY range extension and 68m progress announced at MYS17
Monday, October 2, 2017 11:23 AM
- A 55 meter and a 75 meter yacht will enrich the CCNY ICE YACHTS range, designed in collaboration with the Italian studio Hot Lab
- Characterized by a strong family feel, they maintain the concept of being one with the outdoors, thanks to ample full-height glass surfaces
- Construction of the new 68m M/Y Day’s, the first of the CCNY ICE YACHTS range, is on schedule and proceeding as planed in collaboration with AES YACHT
- Impressive internal volumes for more than 1,800 GRT
- 2.70m average interior headroom throughout the two and a half decks
- Delivery of this unit is planned for the end of 2018
For CCN Yachts the 2017 edition of the Monaco Yacht Show (27-30 September) was the perfect time to update the work-in-progress report of the M/Y My Day’s, the 68m full-custom built in collaboration with AES YACHT, and also the ideal moment to officially unveil the next two models that will make up the ICE YACHTS range - the 55m and the 75m, in collaboration with the award winning Italian design studio, HOT LAB.
A RANGE WITH A STRONG FAMILY FEEL
“These two concepts”, said Antonio Romano from HOT LAB, “are united with the 68m already under construction by their shared family feel and characterized by tense and masculine lines, while maintaining the concept of being one with the outdoors, made possible by the presence of ample glass surfaces running full-height.”
Another characteristic of these new models is undoubtedly the careful attention paid to the distribution of interior volumes, with a 2.7 meter headroom on the main and upper decks on board the M/Y My Day’s: the new models will also reach the record levels in their category.
THE 68m M/Y DAY’S
WORK IN PROGRESS – UPDATES AT SEPTEMBER 2017
Work is proceeding on-budget and according to schedule, with delivery of the first ICE YACHTS 68m vessel planned for the end of next year. Presently:
- Steel and aluminum construction has been completed
- 80% of grid blasting and primer painting has been completed
- Outfitting of all hot works has been completed
- All tank connection lines are completed and 50% of the plumbing has been completed
- Insulation has started
- One interior VIP cabin mock-up has been completed and shown to the owner for approval
- All equipment production is proceeding as planned:
- Hydromar Gangway is ready for factory test- Hydromar Side boarding ladder is ready for factory test
- Hydromar Aft swimming platform is ready for factory test
- Hydromar Cranes are ready for factory test
- Opacmare saloon doors are ready for the factory test
- AP-MARINE WT & Fire Doors are ready for mounting
- CAT engines are in the shipyard and ready for mounting
- CAT generators are ready in customs
- Naiad Bow thruster ready for mounting
- Naiad Stabilizer is being installed
- Data captains are ready for factory test
- Meg shell doors are ready for the factory test
- Jets unit is ready for mounting
THE 68m M/Y DAY’S AT A GLANCE
- Impressive internal volumes for more than 1,800 GRT
- 2.7 meters of average interior headroom throughout two and a half decks
- The garage holds both a 9m custom tender and an 8m tender
- A huge beach club
- A helipad on the foredeck
- Great attention has been paid to the owner's privacy, with private access to the sky-lounge and the business meeting room
- The owner will use the yacht for both leisure and business
- International suppliers have been selected as partners for this new range
M/Y DAY’S – THE NEW 2017-18 DETAILS
Part of ICE YACHTS EXPLORER VESSELS all-new range, M/Y Day’s will accommodate 12 guests including owners. The owner’s area occupies the entire upper deck and is characterized by a spacious cabin forward.
The apartment-like feel is created by the use of large continuous full-height windows all around. Two large walk-in wardrobes, two generous en-suite bathrooms, plus agym and massage room are also present. The guest area is on the main deck with three big VIP cabins, one guest cabin with single beds and an additional supernumerary cabin. All guest cabins are equipped with en-suite bathrooms and walk-in closets.
Generous crew accommodation is provided for up to 18 crew members on the lower deck, plus the captain’s cabin on the bridge deck.
The yacht has five decks, with an overall length of 68m and a beam of 13m. The internal volumes are very impressive, at more than 1,800 GRT. These volumes are one of the biggest strength’s of the M/Y Day’s. Interior headroom on the main and upper decks reaches 2.7 meters. Full height windows emphasize space and create a direct rapport to the exterior environment.
The interior spaces are characterized by a minimalistic design with an elegant and warm feeling due to the use of refined materials where natural lighting is the main element.
Two large tenders are present in the lower deck garage, while a helipad is located forward on the bridge deck. The beach club with shower and head is on the lower deck, a large pool welcomes you at the entrance to the main deck.
The yard and designer paid special attention to the owner's privacy, developing private and direct access to the sky-lounge business meeting room straight from the tender’s berth. The owner will use the yacht both for leisure and business and the design layout has taking this into consideration.
The yard has also prepared a mock-up of one of the VIP cabins with all hard finishes. All equipment has been selected and ordered from well-known reputable international brands and suppliers.
Project management on the client’s behalf is carried out by Mr. Jacques Potgieter. With his extensive sea going and operational management experience in the industry, his input is vital to ensure that the vessel is being built to industry standards and that it will be functional, safe and cost effective to operate and maintain.
This was facilitated by his involvement in the preliminary stages of the project, more than six month before any steel was cut.