New Xperformance: optimising the cruiser/racer range from X-Yachts
Monday, February 13, 2017 11:20 AM
Since the company was founded back in 1979, X-Yachts have built a wide range of "Cruiser/Racers" as well as dedicated racing yachts which have won many famous lnternational titles, and of course One Design Class yachts such as X-79 and X-99.
In 2008 X-Yachts launched the Xcruising series, which was our answer to meet the demands from a large loyal client base. The Xcruising range was introduced and maintained ali the details, which makes them sail so well, lead keel, sandwich hulls, rod rigging, and high quality buiId, but now came with more interior volume. That move was extremely success and stili is.
When it came to the next generation of our Cruiser Racers, we decided to go even further to ensure, that this range would have a leading edge to offer the best possible sailing qualities.
lntroduction of vacuum infusion of epoxy was our answer. An expensive but superior build technology which creates the lightest possible structure, givtng us abiltty to design yachts, which are lighter, and primarily have a larger proportion of their total displacement deep down in the lead bulb.
This excellent weight distribution gives added stability, improves sailing pleasure, performance and safety.
Xp 44 and Xp 38 were launched in 2011, shortly followed by Xp 50, Xp 55 and Xp 33.
No other series production yard supplying boats in this size range, offer epoxy infused hulls with carbon hull structure built into an epoxy infused hull-liner.
The new Xperformance
X-Yachts have taken a serious look into areas to improve the Xperformance range, to make one of the best cruiser/racer ranges even better.
The new Xperformance range will be optimised for performance, visually refreshed externally, and the Xp 55 & Xp 50 will have a new interior inspired by our new X-range boats, the X65 and X43.
Keel and rudder profiles will be refined and for the larger models the lead bulbs will increase in weight to increase the boat's stiffness.
To sharpen the visual appeal of the Xperformance range, each model will be refreshed:
• New waterline stripes- adding a more 'racey' look to the boat
• Larger hull portlights- increasing the naturallight in the forward and aft cabins
• Extended coachroof windows - gives the yacht a more elegant profile and adds more light to the interior
• New standard helm pedestals in 'black grey' with new optional instrument boxes
• New pushpit, pulpit and stanchion gateway design
• New 'light grey' side deck colour as standard - perfect, modern design for owners prefer not to have teak side decks because of hot climates or saving weight for racing purposes.
The two largest boats in the range will benefit from a new interior style taking a wealth of knowledge l earned whilst designing and building our new X-Range. The clean design is both aesthetically pleasing and modern, whil st remaining very practical with excell ent storage, large fiddles and sensibl e well-placed hand holds.
Fixtures and fittings have been updated throughout the interior including:
• New light switches - Ali Models
• New electrical switch panel including touch screen battery and tank monitor Ali Models
• Optional wine cooler - Xp 55
• New locker catches - Xp 50 & Xp 55
• New locker stays - Ali Models
• New fridge/freezer with top and front access - Xp 55
• lmproved ambient lighting- Ali Models
• Custom stainless steel threshold plates- Ali Models
• New modern companionway stairs - Xp 55
• Height adjustable saloon table- Xp 55
• New cabin door handles- Xp 50 & Xp 55
• lmproved mains socket layout with integrated USB chargers in cabins - Ali
• Optional stove cover in galley increasing worktop area- Xp 55
• New owners berth including innovative double storage- Xp 50 & Xp 55
• New wardrobe design - Xp 50 & Xp 55
• lmproved mirror cabinet design and new furniture with Corian counter top in owner's head - Xp 50 & Xp 55
Ali Models will be offered in a new light oak interior with walnut floorboards and an optional brushed oak' finish.
The new Xperformance
The new Xperformance range will be launching Summer 2017 and will be displayed at boat shows from Autumn 2017.