Tankoa Yachts S501 M/Y Vertige successfully launched
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:53 AM
Tankoa has the pleasure to announce that S501 M/Y Vertige - unit of 50m - has been launched on February 22 in Genoa, Italy
The second unit of Tankoa Yachts - sold in February 2015 to an experienced French client - has been launched, the delivery is expected to be in early April 2017.
According to Tankoa's CEO, Euro Contenti - this is a true recognition of the "boutique shipyard" values and power that irrevocably consists in building yachts with clients, not for clients.
Mr Contenti declared "despite the impressive background and success track records of the entire Tankoa management, we are extremely proud that the client, his surveyor and broker, Daniel Bussani from Aquila Yachting, decided Tankoa was the most suitable shipyard to built his new yacht after investigating a number of European builders".
Tankoa S501 Vertige represents the quintessence of the result between a high quality builder and a marketing and sales organization that is in daily contact with yacht owners, captains and surveyors.
ABOUT THE DESIGN
Tankoa’s management team worked in close collaboration with Francesco Paszkowski to design the project in order to reach the following goals:
- Achieve a perfectly balanced and fluid timeless design that will not look like what is currently offered on the market.
- Offer perfect circulation flows for owners and guest to move from deck to deck and from inside to outside without interfering with the working crew while giving them a total freedom of movement to carry on their tasks.
- Give the owner in a 499 Gross Tons package the type of amenities and equipments commonly found on much larger yachts.
-S501 hull number one is a six cabin yacht including main deck full beam Owner and Vip suite, 2 Vip and 2 Guest cabins on the lower deck, gym, home cinema, a 7 meter tender garage among other amenities as well as floor to ceiling windows and hydraulic balconies in the Owner and on the aft deck.
Keeping permanent visual contact with the sea was one of the other tasks assigned to Francesco Paszkowski’s design team. Interiors, as per client's request, were designed by Francesco Paszkowski Design Studio in cooperation with Margherita Casprini and should reflect a "modern but warm" atmosphere.
The result will simply be one of the most beautiful 50 meter ever done under 500 GRT. The level of details, both inside and outside, is in line with what everyone usually expect onboard larger yachts.
EXCELLENCE IN YACHT BUILDING
This first model of project S501 M/Y Vertige - in its full displacement version – is offering a range of 5,000 Nautical Miles at 12 knots and 16 knots top speed.
Tankoa Vertige S501 is entirely built in aluminium light alloy 5083.
The construction is carefully followed by builder engineer Albert McIlroy Owner’s representative who has been building number of yachts wordlwide. Questioned about the advancement of the works onboard S501, McIlroy recently declared - “...I followed the construction of the first delivered Tankoa Yacht, the 69,30 meter Suerte. This was a very large yacht for a first, but it was backed up by the limitless experience of Tankoa’s managers and technical office.
This being said, it was a challenging experience as we were working with a very tight contractual delivery schedule. With S501, the shipyard has greatly improved their time schedule management and operation processes and they truly have a Teutonic approach that often leaves me speechless for an Italian builder. I can say, after having supervised the construction of many yachts worldwide, not only the work pace and productivity at Tankoa are superiors but it is also probably the first time I see a yacht that size where the production schedule is fully respected without altering the incredible flexibility Tankoa starts being known for.”
The above mention factor is truly a plus as the Tankoa organization and business plan, calling for only-the-best subcontractors and suppliers comes within a package offering typical Italian styling and flexibility at a price point that is still more competitive than our Northern Europe colleagues.
S501, while still under the 500 GRT mark offers spectacular layout and amenities including:
- Main deck Owner’s suite and Master’s Suite. Owner is equipped with two lateral foldout terraces.
- 2 VIP and 2 Guest cabins on the lower deck.
- Gigantic aft deck and fly bridge. Aft deck is equipped with an oversized sun pad, a reversed deck saloon looking towards aft and lateral 3 meter long foldout terraces to keep guests in contact with the sea.
- Floor to ceiling windows in the main saloon with cut down bulwarks allowing to enjoy the view.
- 7m + tender garage.
- Upper deck TV saloon with bar.
- Upper outdoor deck with dining table for 16 guests and wrap-around sofa for up to 20 people with a foldable TV screen.
- Beach Club/Gym in the transom.
- Full displacement Aluminium build hull to reduce draft fuel consumption and allow easy maintenance.