The New Otam 85 GTS has been launched at Cannes Yachting Festival
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:49 AM
- Research and development, design and engineering are the result of OTAM’s collaboration with Marine Design & Services
- Interior design and layout, style and exteriors layout are designed to measure by the French designer Joseph Dirand, working closely with OTAM
- Second full-beam master-suite positioned in the centre of the yacht
- Top speed and cruising speed are considerably in excess of the 45 and 35 knots set out in the contract, so once again the shipyard exceeds the Customer’s expectations
- The world debut is planned for the upcoming Cannes Yachting Festival (10-15 September 2019)
OTAM is pleased to announce that OTAM 85 GTS full custom version was launched ahead of schedule, having successfully achieved greater speeds than the ones established in the contract. Its official debut will be at the upcoming Cannes Yachting Festival (10-15 September 2019).
OTAM is pleased to announce that OTAM 85 GTS full custom version was launched ahead of schedule, having successfully achieved greater speeds than the ones established in the contract. Its official de but will be at the upcoming Cannes Yachting Festival (10 - 15 September 2019).
“ The 85 GTS is the natural evolution of Otam’s ‘one off’ philosophy, which aims at offering the greatest flexibility and no restrictions to Owners who are looking for exclusive solutions that meet their personal needs, and who there fore are looking for ‘true Custom’,” says Gianfranco Zanoni, CEO of OTAM.
“The genesis of the 85 GTS goes back to the 2017 edition of the Cannes Yachting Festival,” explains Matteo Belardinelli, Sales & Communication Manager for OTAM. “
We were presenting the OTAM 80, which raised a lot of interest because of its performance and its second, full
-beam master suite in the centre of the yacht. A number of clients expressed their interest in a ‘different and open or semi
- open’ version of that yacht, which was the refore the starting point for our R&D.”
The design and engineering of this one
- off fast cruiser, powered by a pair of 2600 hp MTU engines and Arneson transmission that can reach and exceed 45
- knot maximum speed and 35
- knot cruising speed, is the result of the collaborative efforts of CEO Gianfranco Zanoni, who is also
Production director and tester (as an OTAM mechanical engineer), and Umberto Tagliavini, from Marine Design & Services.