Videoworks behind the scenes of Dominator Ilumen 28m Kaliente
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:23 AM
Videoworks installed the yacht’s state-of-the-art home entertainment, automation and IT systems on one of the most successful model of the Austrian/Italian yard.
The Ilumen 28m was a much-anticipated new addition to the Dominator fleet and M/Y Kaliente, delivered last season to her American owners, did not disappoint.
Nowadays, the main focus for owners and guests on any superyacht are the audio-visual and domotic systems. It is now possible to watch a football match in 4K high definition, listen to the purest sound, surf the internet at high speed, or simply control air conditioning, lighting and blinds easily and reliably. In short, these systems are not extras, but must-have services.
From the initial concept, design and advanced engineering to the customised furniture and fittings, the Dominator 28m Ilumen sets a new standard in luxury yachting. Videoworks is proud to be a part of this achievement aboard M/Y Kaliente. “We loved the challenge of designing cutting-edge systems specifically for M/Y Kaliente,” says Mauro Pellegrini, founder of Videoworks. “We would like to thank Dominator for allowing us to develop its innovative audio-visual, entertainment, IT and domotic system on board this beautiful boat.”
THE SYSTEMS IN DETAILS
As the international leader in the field of systems integration, Videoworks was brought in to complement Dominator’s high-quality construction and exacting standards by specifying and installing the yacht’s state-of-the-art home entertainment, automation and IT systems, including:
• Invisible speakers in the VIP and guest cabins. These high-fidelity “zero architectural impact” speakers can be embedded into any surface and are able to transform the surface into a high-performance audio system. The speakers are completely invisible and perfectly calibrated depending on the size of the room or space in order to produce the purest sound.
• “Sound masking” system in the main salon and owner’s suite cabin. Sound masking is an innovative technology that is able to guarantee high-fidelity music quality in environments with ambient noise, such as a yacht under way. This is done by adding perfectly equalized background frequencies that effectively cancel out the ambient noise.
• iPad control for all the domotic systems. Apple TV on-demand entertainment, Airplay, air conditioning, lighting and blinds (in the owner’s suite) can all be easily controlled with hand-held tablets in every room aboard the yacht.
• “Party Mode” sound for the exterior decks. A plug-in DJ system on the sun deck provides total sound integration, so any DJ can come aboard and plug in his own personal system for party music anywhere, anytime. As for exterior audio equipment, Videoworks ensured waterproofing measures for the system and a hard-wired internet connection.
• Christie video projectorand screen. Christie, a high-end brand of audio-visual equipment, provided the video projector and screen installed on the sun deck for an “under the stars” movie experience.
• Professional onboard network by Cisco Systems, LTE (Long-Term Evolution) wireless connection, and Panasonic VOIP telephony.