Quantum Marine Stabilizers launches the new Rack & Pinion R Series
Thursday, July 1, 2021 10:58 AM
Quantum pushes the status quo again with the new "R Series," a refined rack and pinion actuator, designed to maximize the performance of fixed and XT™ Fins.
Fort Lauderdale, 30 June 2021 – Quantum Marne Stabilizers, one of the world’s leading marine stabilization pioneers, announced today that it has launched an innovative new rack and pinion actuator, the “R Series.” This launch follows the successful deployment and service history of the MAGLift™ Rotor, which provides superb stabilization at loitering and zero speed™ operations.
The new rack and pinion "R Series" was engineered and refined through the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and independent model testing, offering existing and new customers a system with significant operational advantages.
Improved performance and design
The fins gain a wider range of motion, improving zero speed performance
• A more compact footprint compared to traditional hull units
• Less wear and tear on the stabilizer system and quieter, due to the even distribution of torque on both sides of the gear wheel
Significant savings on maintenance
• Extended vessel maintenance schedule of 15,000 hour for main bearing replacement
• The hydraulic cylinders can be rebuilt in place. This is a significant benefit compared to typical cylinder replacements that involve removing the heavy cylinders from inside the vessel
• An automated, mechanical locking pin and a manual locking pin to support maintenance operations and any emergency situations
• Rapid acting relief valves protect the hull unit and hydraulic system should the vessel encounter any unexpected impact, broaching or slamming loads